Trusted, Experience Advice For Spousal Maintenance Matters
At Rubinstein & Holz, we are dedicated to helping our clients with legal matters related to divorce and family law. This includes advocating for a spousal maintenance agreement that fits within your financial circumstances.
Our attorneys have over 75 years of combined legal experience. We have developed an extensive knowledge of family law legislation and procedures. We will take the time to understand your situation, fully explain guidelines for alimony — which changed significantly several years ago — and advise you on your options.
How Will I Receive Alimony Payments?
There are several types of spousal maintenance that the court may award to a spouse who needs financial support after a divorce. These include:
- Temporary support — provided from the date of divorce filing until settlement or trial
- Bridge the gap — eases the transition from being married to single, generally provided from six months to one year
- Rehabilitative support — pays for job training to enable the receiving spouse to become self-supporting
- Durational support — a new option that provides support for a set period of time, not to exceed the length of the marriage
- Permanent support — provides support until the remarriage of the receiving spouse or the death of either spouse
- Lump-sum support — pays all support in one installment
The Florida courts determine alimony based on several statutory factors. During an initial consultation, we will review these with you. Our lawyers are accomplished negotiators, mediators and litigators who will advocate for you at every step of the process.
Committed To Protecting Your Best Interests
Obtaining a fair spousal maintenance agreement is one of the most important elements of a successful divorce. Our attorneys will focus on reaching the best outcome for you. Speak with us in Fort Myers by emailing us or calling 239-790-4314.