Good fortune child support is often connected to people with an incredibly high wage, such as a professional athlete or someone who owns his or her own corporation. These people are far past thinking about salaries and hourly wages. They're earning hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars every year.
However, just because your spouse is not a professional athlete or a celebrity, don't assume a significant amount of child support will not be required. Child support payments are based in part on earnings, along with factors such as how many children the person has, if he or she has another family to support, and the like. To that end, here are 10 of the top-paying jobs in Florida:
- Surgeons: $250,880 average salary
- Anesthesiologists: $250,480 average salary
- Obstetricians and gynecologists: $243,560 average salary
- Orthodontists: $232,830 average salary
- Dentists: $232,360 average salary
- Internists: $205,460 average salary
- Chief executives: $202,300 average salary
- Physicians and surgeons: $199,720 average salary
- Family and general practitioners: $197,090 average salary
- Pediatricians: $186,540 average salary
You will notice that many of these are in the medical industry, but not all. For instance, at No. 13 are airline pilots, with an average salary of $154,040. At No. 17 are financial managers, with an average salary of $136,760. Many professions in Florida pay well over $100,000 per year.
As you can see, it is very important to know all of your rights when going through a divorce with children, especially if you have full custody. Even if you don't consider yourself rich, you may be entitled to significant support while raising your children.
Source: Zippia, "These Are The 100 Highest Paying Jobs In Florida," Chris Kolmar, accessed April 20, 2018